As a self-taught developer & student, I use a lot of free online tools for my projects or just to improve my experience, here are some of the best ones that I recommend using:
- Replit - Great for making websites & apps completely from your browser.
- Stackoverflow - It's the tool every developer uses for programming questions.
- Discord - There are a lot of communities on Discord to help with programming.
- Figma - Design your websites before making them.
- GitHub - Store your code and work with other people and find cool projects.
- W3Schools - Great site to learn about programming & web development.
and many more that you can find!